Ways to Give
FRIEND; noun 1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. 2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter; as in FRIENDS of St. Thomas of Villanova School.
As we continue on this journey to maintain and exchange benefits of attending STV School, our need for FRIENDS has never been greater. We will need the support of FRIENDS to achieve our mission. Your kindness and generosity are necessary, now, more than ever. As you learn more about FOSTOVS, you will see the role your FRIENDship will play in our success.
Since 1965, STV School has had a tremendous influence on the Palatine, IL and surrounding communities. The school’s graduates excel in the world. We want to ensure that the Christian values-based learning, in a Catholic environment, is sustained and available to all who desire to be a part of it. We need FRIENDS to make that happen.
It’s also about receiving funds and spending them efficiently. We pledge to you that your donations will be used for the expressed and stated purposes.
St. Thomas is a private school and while it is supported by tuition, fundraising and parish support, it receives no public funding. It relies on the generosity of many FRIENDS of St. Thomas of Villanova School.
We hope you will accept our invitation to help by generously giving to FRIENDS of STV School. Your gifts are flexible. They will be used to fund a broad range of educational and tuition assistance needs.
We are committed to building upon our strong foundation of Catholic values and education for STV students.
Charitable Contributions: Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements.
DESIGNATE YOUR GIFT
Your unrestricted donation to our “General Fund” is always of great value and allows us to meet the school’s most pressing needs. You can also earmark your gift for “Tuition Assistance”.
St. Thomas of Villanova School 5th Grade Teacher
“FOSTOVS has so generously provided me with everything I need to teach my students day-to-day. I have amazing technology, ergonomic new desks and chairs, classroom necessities like a document camera, culturally diverse books for my library and classroom decor that encourages all learners. In addition, they have also provided Fine Arts equipment for our students. These include a complete classroom drumming kit, hand bells, and most recently a state of the art video camcorder. The new 4K HD video camera has been used to record and create our Virtual Christmas Program and our Online Prayer Service for Catholic Schools Week. We also will be using the camcorder also to record and present our Live Streamed School Musical. Teaching at St. Thomas of Villanova School honestly feels like I have a fairy Godmother in my classroom who ensures I have exactly what I need to help form and inspire every child to reach his/her potential.”
Make an Online Gift
To make a gift by debit or credit card, please use our secure PayPal® button below:
Mail a Gift
Fill out and mail in the form below with your check or money order to:
Friends of St. Thomas of Villanova School
P.O. Box 2627, Palatine, IL 60078
Recurring Online Gifts
With thoughtful Recurring Gifts, you create win-win solutions for you and STV School. To set up a automatic monthly gift please use our secure PayPal® link below:
Illinois Tax Credit Scholarships
The Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program allows individuals and corporations to donate to a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). The SGO’s Award Scholarship’s to eligible students from low-income families. Donors will receive a 75 percent state tax credit.
Donor Bill of Rights
We believe philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s board of directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from our mailing list
- To have the opportunity for their gift to be anonymous
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
“One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.“